Fishing Forum

Full Version: four wheeler through the ice at rockport fridaya guy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A guy I work with was riding his wheeler on the ice at rockport Friday morningwhen he fell through. He did retrive the wheeler but not before getting very wet. Did anyone see this happen?
[signature]
No , but did he just sink on the edge.
I've had my snowmobile out there for
almost a month.
[signature]
He sunk it about ten or twelve feet from the boat ramp. Water was 5 or 6 feet deep.[sly]
[signature]
The end of the boat ramp has been unsafe for most of the season. I would walk or ride around that area and give it some space.
[signature]
I didn't see it, but my buddy was there and did see it. He said it was a young girl's screams that got his attention. He said there were 2 groups of people nearby, yet he was the only one to help them. He said everyone, including the young girl, made it out ok. He said the guy was very, very wet.

As a side note, He also said there was only 4 inches of ice.

PM me if you need any additional info.

TRH
[signature]
Yeah that sounds like it. Everyone made it ok and the wheeler was saved and after some tweeking fired right up. We were hopeing for someone to have a picture of it.
[signature]
So is there a safe place to get a sled on the ice ? Around the marina area ?? Thanks
[signature]