Fishing Forum

Full Version: yellburt, nick, bass, 1-24-12, cusin mark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<br /> put in below the dam first,well we just unloaded the boat in the parking lot . the water was higher than i have ever seen it. an very muddy... we went to that secret spot that my old buddy r simms told me about, an gave it a good going over. there were one other boat already in there, an we talked to them an they had the same luck we did...i did get two hits on a bg outlaw special an both felt like very good fish..bit the little hooks dont hold big fish to well..<br /> so i loaded the boat on the trailer an headed up the road to shellmound, an headed to one of my secret hole that bassert dont even know about...well it was dry also, no hits..i guess those three fish i got out of it the other day really hurt this hole......so at this time mark had to go to work so i loaded the boat on the trailer an headed to good ole bennett lake..always good for two or three keepers. i threw the tenn rig till my arm began to get tired, so i tried a hair jig, black an blue,,no takers, so i tried a green hair jig with a creature bait as a trailer.. a little 3 pounder thought he had his supper, but my boyd duckett told on him an i crossed his eyes.. was going to stay longer but the ole minn kota decided to stop working....always something.... i have a question for spur,,since i unloaded an loaded the boat 3 times does this count as three fishing trips as to be entered in the give away....just kidding spur. water stay around 50 degress . the upper lake was very low an muddy an below the dam it was exciting...to say the least.... emoUSA <br /> folks i almost forgot to tell everybody that i played with the tenn rig an installed 3 rattle traps...an they worked. might have scared the fish..but they did work...vibrated my teeth some... but every now an then they would get hooked up together... if i get very serious i would fishin the traps i would take the hooks off an install one big hood up front an then attach the trap to the wire by a d-ring to get rid of the snap swivels, this would help it from getting all tangled up like it did..... when i get my trolling motor going i think i will try three jigs on the rig. should be fun an that what fishin should be....fun. emoUSA <br />