Fishing Forum

Full Version: East Canyon This morning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished East Canyon ,Taylor Hollow this morning with a friend from work. Fished from 7:30 to 1:00pm, 2 nice Rainbows each . My 2 went back to the depths for another day of fishing. White Atomic tube jigs 1/8th oz. tipped with either a mealworm or waxworms seemed to be the the ticket, depth was about 30 ft fish suspended around 12-15ft.
There was a lot of standing water around the edges , there was a good 16 inches where we drilled just off the point . Not many folks out this morning.
[signature]
Way to go Dan, good to hear you made it out on the ice and got a few fish. Which side of the Taylor Hollow did you fish? The side close to the restroom or the other side.
[signature]
Curt , we were fishing the restroom side, and about 50 feet straight off the point.
[signature]
Did you go through Jeremy Ranch to get there?
[signature]
Sorry RL , I drove up Weber canyon from Ogden.
[signature]
Way to go ole buddy. How were the anchor worms? I've heard they arent as bad as years past. Not sure if there's any truth in that or not.
[signature]
Chad , I didn't notice any Anchor worms at all. All of the trout we caught we clean , healthy and firm.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Late spring, high water levels and cooler water temps. Kept the water temps and stress levels down so the fish were not as susceptible to the skin parasites.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good for the fish...good for the anglers.[/#0000ff]
[signature]