Fishing Forum

Full Version: Strawberry 2-10-12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hit Strawberry with my 9 yr old son and a couple of friends. We decided to take the chance of getting over to Renegade via 4 wheelers on the ice. We made it over in the morning without too much trouble, but we did encounter slush.

We were fishing by 830 and it was good to start. Slowed as it usually does for us by 10, but we were still catching fish all morning. We were fishing in 16 ft of water and the fish were coming in on the bottom and sometimes around 8-10 feet.

Caught a few good bows, lots of slot cutthroats, and one 16 inch sucker[frown]. At 2, we decided we better get out of there, as the weather was warming up and we didn't want to get stuck over there on our 4 wheelers. The ride back was a constant slush battle. I knew better than to go over there on a 4 wheeler. Guess I got what I deserved.

We got back to the marina okay, but it wasn't fun. For the last couple hours we hit Soldier Creek and it was a fast bite right up until dark. We were fishing in 20 ft of water, and the fish again were either on the bottom, or suspended at 8-10 ft. Where we fish at Soldier Creek, slush was not present.

Between the 4 of us we probably caught right around 50 fish in ten hours. Not many people out. I am sure it will be busier tomorrow.
[signature]
Nice. Where did you get the orange fish lip grip pliers, I have been looking for somthing to use like that but have never see those before.
[signature]
I saw kentofnsl with some last year when I was icefishing at Strawberry. Looked like a good solution for minimizing the handling of fish. I bought mine at Cabellas. They float, too. I have used them at Powell for stripers as well.

I think they were less than $10.
[signature]
Do you remember what they are called? I have looked on Cabelas online and can not find them.

I want something to grip them nasty tooth cutts with. Every time I go to the berry and some how get one of them cutts thinking that my fingers are food and end up bleeding more than any fish that I catch do.
[signature]
Just checked my ice sled. They are called "THE FISH GRIP". The are made by united plastic molders, Jackson MS. There is a phone number on them as well. 1-800-890-5113. Hope that helps.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I was one of the first Utah tanglers to start using them and posted a report on them a couple of years ago. Great grippers. Just for grins I tied a pair on a line and then gripped a 2# catfish and tossed them in the water. They floated the kitty.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of the cool things about them is that they are very light. I keep them clamped on my fishing vest for quick access.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Cabelas has them for $12.99. [url "http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishing/Fishing-Tools/Pliers-Grippers-Hook-Removers%7C/pc/104793480/c/104720580/sc/104505480/The-Fish-Grip-Fish-Holder/738192.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffishing-fishing-tools-pliers-grippers-hook-removers%2F_%2FN-1100396%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104505480%3FWTz_l%3DUnknown%253Bcat104793480%253Bcat104720580&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat104793480%3Bcat104720580%3Bcat104505480"]LINK TO GRIPPERS[/url][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff] [inline "FISH GRIPPERS.jpg"]
[signature]
Thanks guys.
[signature]