Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rockport with Scouts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took 16 scouts and 5 other adults for an overnighter at Rockport this weekend.
We caught a couple of nice trout and had a great time. I can't say enough nice things about Kevin, the guy who runs the Yurt rentals there.
The concessions are operated by a local guy named Kevin and he has my business for as long as he is there. He was outstanding in making our reservations, having our Yurts ready and warmed up and making us feel welcome. He even came out on the ice with his snowmobile and power auger and drilled a bunch of holes for the scouts to icefish.
We had origionally tried to make our trip to East Canyon, but Reserve America wanted $200 damage deposit for each yurt, to be paid in October and held until after our trip. Yes, they wanted the scout troop to let them hold $600 of the boys money for 4 months.
Kevin, a local, wanted no such exorborant loan to hold our reservation.

$60 for a warm Yurt with a BBQ and heated flush toilets is more than worth it.
[signature]
Was that you guys playing hockey? Looked fun as i was fishing.
[signature]
Very good to know. Glad you had fun...
[signature]
We were fishing and sledding. Hocky was considered but with this particular group it was decided that having them face off with sticks and the intention of smacking a hard rubber object at each other was not a good idea.

They fished though, pretty seriously. We were about straight out from the ramp or a little south in 50 ft of water.
[signature]
Agreed...[Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
I think i know where you were. I was just south of you in 62' of water.
[signature]