Fishing Forum

Full Version: Over 100 Cutts! 3-27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to a nice fishery today. While we were there an employee of fish tech noticed us. We fished together from 11am to 4:30pm. He even let me use his fly rod to catch one. My twin and I used a barbless fly and bubble. My twin did get 2 cutts on a Roostertail spinner in silver blade black body and black fur. We caught over 100 cutts using flies though! Going back tomorrow! This time with my fly rod.

My cutthroats. Everyone elses pics with their cutts gave too much away.
[Image: 783135.JPG]
[Image: 783133.JPG]
[Image: 783131.JPG]
[Image: 783134.JPG]
[Image: 783132.JPG]
[signature]
Nice job! The second one is a perty one[Smile] i was thinking of fishing for some slimers myself tomorrow. Thanks for sharing the pics
[signature]
Whats the matter dudes, you afraid someone might identify which trout farm you're fishing on[Wink]
[signature]
[quote CVfisher]Whats the matter dudes, you afraid someone might identify which trout farm you're fishing on[Wink][/quote]

Damit you named the spot J/K. No we felt that this special spot needs to be kept on the down low. I know what your thinking...what the hell happend to the twins? Next thing you know I will be releasing all my bass....ha ha...don't count on that anytime soon!
[signature]
Oh what a day that was...that was a 1st for me.....catching fish on a fly that is. Sounds like I am gonna have to get rid of all the cotwebs off my fly rod and buy some new leaders/flies and convert to the dark side...well fairy side in this case. With flies as small as we were using it was very hard to bring fish in without loosing them..had to play them in slowly. Definately different when comparing it to throwing hardware. Too bad we can't post the other pics...maybe I will find a way to photoshop them.
[signature]
Went to a nice fishery today ? Ha ha,( Ah Hell not you guys too). Nice to see you getting into so many lately.Good times.
[signature]

"When all the Largemouth Bass and Smallmouth Bass in Utah are gone...........you can blame me."

Lol, I love it. Keep all them smallies out of Jordanelle, Deer Creek, the Gorge, etc. lmb's out of Pelican for sure. Eat as much as you legally can. Despite the rub that you are after I encourage anglers to keep a limit on reservoirs that could use some harvest. Selective harvesting and other responsible angling mumbo jumbo like that
I just find it ironic that you would not post where you were at....I'm impressed to tell you the truth. I see that you have a good spot and you don't want everyone going up there and taking advantage of it but you still shared your report and showed us some pics. Thank you.
[signature]
Congrats Guys! 100+ fish in a day is amazing. You may want to pace yourself. You have too many days like this and you will be bored with a normal day of fishing. (Sounds like a good problem to haveSmile
[signature]
Not getting the fairy side comment, but then again never understood calling the art of fly fishing "fairy wand" Only beginners wave a fly rod like that.

What fly? That second picture looks like a Golden, very nice. If this is a POND just post it, you always say you want to help get people into fish. Sounds like an easy place to do that. Come on, help out[Wink]
[signature]
Do ya'll work?
[signature]

The twins work hard just like mine,when was the last time "you" put in that kind of work[fishin]

[#000080]pic just edited
[/#000080]
[signature]
Picture is too small. If fishing is their job, I want an interview.
[signature]
Yah me too - I want an interview for that job. 100 cutts ( dumbest trout ever ) 3 people in 5 hours. That's only like 7 cutts an hour. That barely qualifies for minimum wage in my fishing book. Hopefully they're working the night shift or something. Hope they aren't living off unemployment extensions that they never had to pay in to collect ( ie you and me are paying for[crazy]).
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Not getting the fairy side comment, but then again never understood calling the art of fly fishing "fairy wand" Only beginners wave a fly rod like that.

What fly? That second picture looks like a Golden, very nice. If this is a POND just post it, you always say you want to help get people into fish. Sounds like an easy place to do that. Come on, help out[Wink][/quote]

It aint a pond. We did use flies, check out the fly fishing section, I went up today again with the fly rod. I gave a more detailed report but no names.

If you wanna go flygoddess I will take you. I will fly fling with you even. Bet I can learn a few things from ya too! Shoot me a PM if you dare to fish with TyeDye![sly]
[signature]
[quote MichiganAngler]Do ya'll work?[/quote]

Why yes I do! I work for alpine pest control. Right now I need volunteer hours for my bacholores of social work program. 2 years into it and I still have to prove I want it I guess.

If you have not noticed I didn't fish Monday. I volunteer right now for Autistic Children on Thurs, Fri, Sat, Monday. I teach martial arts on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.

You could say I am burning the candle stick at 3 ends right now.
[signature]
I know you were using a fly outfit and Chironmids from the looks, but why call it a Fairy Wand? It sounds like it kicked your behind a few times...[Wink]

I am good and thank you for the offer, but you mentioned you do this to help others, so why not help the ones that are having a hard time and tell them where all these trout can be had.
A lot of troutless people read this forum, but don't post you know. So maybe they won't pm you for directions.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]I know you were using a fly outfit and Chironmids from the looks, but why call it a Fairy Wand? It sounds like it kicked your behind a few times...[Wink]

I am good and thank you for the offer, but you mentioned you do this to help others, so why not help the ones that are having a hard time and tell them where all these trout can be had.
A lot of troutless people read this forum, but don't post you know. So maybe they won't pm you for directions.[/quote]

If there are troutless people go to the berry at the ladders. There is a bit of open water there and a billion fish waiting for things to be tossed at them.[Wink]
[signature]
Ahhh, so YOU two have secret waters, just like a few of us here have asked for...see how this works? When someone asks you nicely not to post certain waters out there for EVERYONE to see, a little courtesy would be nice, and I bet go a long way.

However, I would be happy to help you out with fly fishing if you want to pm me where and when and it will stay your secret.
[signature]
[quote EvilTyeDyeTwin]Sounds like I am gonna have to get rid of all the cobwebs off my fly rod and buy some new leaders/flies and convert to the dark side...[/quote]

WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE [Wink]

Muhahahaha[cool]
[signature]
[quote sinergy][quote EvilTyeDyeTwin]Sounds like I am gonna have to get rid of all the cobwebs off my fly rod and buy some new leaders/flies and convert to the dark side...[/quote]

WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE [Wink]

Muhahahaha[cool][/quote]

Yes I bought some flies yesterday that I saw a guy ripping out fish with at Little Dell on sunday. Was plannin on using them but the rain screwed up any sorts of hatch. Saw some flyfisherman yesterday and they did not get a thing. Asked what fly works around there and I got the answer "midges" which is like saying "hooks". Saw he had a black/orange type fly on his rod....would be trying that but he did not get any fish...probly cause it was raining.

If anyone feels like sharing what flies work at Little Dell please PM me with some info....flies are just too damn expensive.
[signature]