Fishing Forum

Full Version: Walleye report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out to Utah Lake today for a couple of hours. I fished for about an hour by myself until some friends showed up. I went down to Provo boat harbor first, to see that the dike was in shambles following the recent high winds. I decided to head to a different location north of there. I got there around 2 to very favorable conditions for walleye. It was overcast and the breeze was as good as it get for fishing the spawn. The waves were gently rolling into shore, with no crashing. I put a tequila sunrise grub on with 1/16 round head, my favorite Utah Lake curlytail jig for walleye. On my 3rd cast I caught this 17 inch male.

I thought at first I had caught the smallest spawning female in the lake. It’s gut was insanely protruding like a pregnant female. I thought great, it might be a decent day for the walleye. That was of course an idiotic thought. Right after that fish the conditions went to less than favorable; sunny and glass water. I fished for an hour after that with no hits. I left for an hour to get lunch. My friends showed up around 4:30. The conditions stayed the same and I had little confidence in hooking into anymore. Well I was wrong. My friend and brother each had one hit for the rest of the night. I managed to hook a nice female that didn’t make it to shore. I also lost another fish probably a carp and missed another walleye. We fished until dark with none landed except my lone fish from earlier that day. It always feels good to get that first walleye of the season!
[signature]
Cool site and thanks for the report. I'm going to go over my boundaries on this one and suggest that if you would like to post a report that you do that, post a report and not just a link to your website.
[signature]
Ya I'll start copying and pasting my fishing reports from my website. Thanks for reading.
[signature]
Very good idea, I'm glad someone besides a mod on this board pointed that out. Would you please edit your post, thanks.
WH2
[signature]
Nice report - good looking blog. Tequila sunrise, eh? I had to read that twice before I realized that was you lure, not just a warmpup to the morning. [cool]

I'll second the suggestion. Even if you don't want to paste the whole thing, maybe a cliff-notes version here.
You're blog will be a moving target looks like....
Thanks so much for removing your link and posting your report and pic. Good you got that first eye of the year, sounds like a good color for the eyes, can you buy that color a Sportsmans or Fish Tech?
WH2
[signature]
Ya they carry them at Sportsman's. This time of year they can be hard to come by. I use to work there and we would sell out of them quite often. If they don't have tequila sunrise get the junebug color. Also the mister twister red/black is great as well.
[signature]
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out.
[signature]
Hi guys,wiperhunter2 how you been,I heard of this old wise tale about them eye you speek of,ever heard of this?Just curious what you think,or if you ever heard of this ok, take care ya'lI

I heard a fishing story of a buddy's grandfather a "fishing fool".This old man once said he balled up a bunch of fish guts when the fishing got slow,he used that to catch Walleye![Image: surprised.gif]No one else he fished with knew about this old wise tale. He simply stated he was fishing with shad[Image: whistle.gif] P.J.
[signature]
Lemon meringue also works well at times. When I use to fish walleye with my brother-in-law at Utah Lake and Yuba we use to use two 1/16th oz. jigs one above the other and used two different colored tails. That rig was deadly at times. I always liked the Kalin tails.[fishin]
[signature]