Fishing Forum

Full Version: m17glock, Chick, Crappie, 4/1/2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After being sick Friday and Saturday I was feeling good enough to go fishing again today. Glockjr didn't want to get up early so I went by myself. <br />Put in at grasshopper around 7:30am to a thick blanket of fog. I wanted to hit the same places I did Friday but only made it as far as possum creek ( very slowly at that) I tried fishing some offshore brush before heading into possum creek to meet up with catfish1 and buddy but didn't get anything . Met with Jim and buddy , fished a few docks with only 3 keepers to show for it when we ran into a couple of other Cff folks hawkeye and kingfish with his crew ,chatted a bit before I headed down river to the docks that did so well for me on Friday. While the fog had lifted in the possum creek area, down stream it was still pretty thick and I had to use my gps to guide me to my spot .Worth the effort . It wasn't long before I had 7 good keepers to go with the 3 10-1/2" fish in the livewell. I had called Jim and buddy to hurry down and share the good catching with me but by the time they showed up the bite was gone ....... or maybe the bite went away because jim showed up ??? It has happen that way before, on many occasions , quite a few times WinkWe parted ways again , Jim to who knows where and i to a location that was given to me by a dock owner who was concerned about what WTK could be doing in a far flung backwater " like that" ..??Well I will say that upon detailed examination of said "backwater" with both my Humminbird 898 side image and even further probing with my trusty BG electric chicken ( on a 1/32 jig) that a good many 13" fish can come out of less than 3 fow . Enough in fact to finish my limit and cull a few times , with one fish just shy of being a tarp .By then the warden ..... uh I mean wife had called reminding me of other obligations so back to the ramp I went with a daily total of 20 keepers and about 30 shorts . Not a record breaking day but still a very good one <br />