Fishing Forum

Full Version: yellburt, crappie, 4-1-12, self , one tarp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
had troble sleeping this morning, woke up at 230 chatt time an managed to lay there till 3 00. what to do..well the boat was already hooked up so i just got up an went fishing..thats when you get the best parking places anyway. put in a mcp an headed to running water..i confess i did throw i buzz bait because of the top water action..no takers. could have been crappie, i dont know.the fishing was tough this morning. i talked to three folks that i know an they were having it tough.to make a long story short..i had the day off an i was determined to catch some crappie.an i did. i managed to catch a total 32 with 10 good keepers, one was a tarp,that brings my tarp count up to five i think.i really am not worried about the tarp count but that is icing on the cake.its funny i learned something this morning. i went at the crappie alot different this morning,,i tried a total of 16 different colors,an each time i caught a fish i would,lay that rod down an get another color an throw it till i would catch another an then lay it down an fish another color,,i was determined to do it my way today..makes it alittle more full filling..lol.saw mike an jack from bryant ala. an my cousin weasel.also seen chief q an wallace..i hope they had a good day..i stayed till 2 30, had the fish on ice water in the boat an headed home for a much needed 2 hour nap..the wind was blowing so bad i could not feel any bites but when the line jumps ,,set the hook..i wonder if anybody else had tried this pattern,it really is just being stubborn an making them play by my rules..lol. it worked today,may not ever happen again. but it gave me alot of confidence an how to get them to bite..i was in 4 fow to 21 fow. an all were taken on the fall.had only one keeper white,had 3 war mouths that i should have kept.i am proud to say i had no bass today..trashy thing..tight lines everybody. emoUSA .oh i forgot to mention the best color...or should i..pearl,silver fish,blue grass,double silver rainbow,chart/silver,chart,pink,hologram ghost,there were some more but i dis-remember what they were, emoUSA <br />