Fishing Forum

Full Version: where's the carcuss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does everyone here do with the carcass after you filet or gut your fish, and if you drop it back in the water where your fishing is that chumming.
[signature]
Hmm - that's and interesting question. Some lakes have a cleaning station, so that's easy. But if they don't - better to pitch on the lake or a dumpster (assuming there is one).

Don't think it's considered chumming if you toss and go, more if you toss and fish the spot.
Its only chumming if your using it in an attempt to catch more fish Im guessing if a ranger see's you tossing it in a lake then tossing your line in after it then yes I think it would be considered chumming.

Carcuss belong in the trash or if you can bury it or if you have a garden mulch it.
[signature]
It kind of depends on what I plan on doing with the fish.

When I slick out a carp or white bass for catfish bait I just toss tha carcuss back in the water. I'm sure that the other catfish and crawdads appreciate the easy meal.

If the fish are the ones that I plan on taking home I leave them whole untill I get home to clean them. I'm not really set up to clean them at the lake and just take the meat home.

On an interesting note My brother and his two boys and I went to Powell a while ago in September for the striper fishing and did pretty good that first afternoon and went back to camp (in good hope bay) with about thirty fish. We cleaned them on the back of the boat and tossed the carcusses into the water so that they didn't start stinking things up. When we got up the next morning to head out fishing at first light there wasn't one single peice of fish left to be found. I don't know if it was catfish or crawdads but they had it cleaned up in no time. should have trown a pole out while we ate dinner that night.
[signature]
The proclamation says to return them to the water where the fish was caught.
[signature]