Fishing Forum

Full Version: Renegade ice off at the berry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We fished Strawberry reservoir today right by the Renegade point area. The wind was doing its best to kill the ice and after a few hours it took off about 100 feet. You can see this in pic 4893. We only caught 14 fish between 5 people. Worms, gold jakes spin a lures, and panther martins were doing the best. Indian creek had opened up a bunch more since I fished it last Friday.
[signature]
nice report [fishin] ya got to love that place . those are great pics of some good fish. wonder how long it will be before i can put the boat on that pond ?
[signature]
Nice post. Hope you took the steal toes cause 4844 looks like chub city. Punt those up the bank a hundo...

Ice has been regressing lately like you've said. Time to hope the wind doesn't blow a sheet back in though.

Also time to lobby for double permit fees so they can stock 2 million fish in every other reservoir and break tha Berry craze. Do we need only one great fishery? Now that I'm thinking about it, we should raise fees to $200 or more, and double them on these trashy teenagers whose waste claims a huge chunk of what would otherwise be 10" planters.
[signature]
I especially liked that cut in pic 4857. Looks like he has some shoulders on him. thanks for sharing. I was up there Monday, at dark, and it looks like it opened up a lot more since then.

Good on ya!
[signature]
Here is a couple more of that fish.
[signature]
nice pics! glad to see some people can get out during the week and go fishing, wish i didn't have a real job
[signature]