Fishing Forum

Full Version: Throwing stones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Due to my ankle being busted Ive been at the vice tying up flies. Heres are some stones I tied up. [cool][cool][cool]

[Image: sttop.jpg]

[Image: stbottom.jpg]

[Image: DSC00080.jpg]

[Image: DSC00078.jpg]
[signature]
OMG! Those are killer man. We need a stoner swap.
[signature]
Some nice looking stones ya got there!
[signature]
Your stones rock [Wink]
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]OMG! Those are killer man. We need a stoner swap.[/quote]

I would LOVE to do this. My stonies aren't much to look at, but they continually produce.
[signature]
Those stones are look'n sweet, what did you use for the wing material?
[signature]
Swiss straw
[signature]
Thanks, I'l have to give that a try. Just what I need more tying materials! LOL [Wink]
[signature]
Swiss straw is awesome, not only can you make wings from it you and spin to around the hook and make realistic abdomens for hoppers, nymphs, drakes. Or makes a better looking shellback scud and and better wing case for hares ears.
[signature]
[quote sinergy]Swiss straw is awesome, not only can you make wings from it you and spin to around the hook and make realistic abdomens for hoppers, nymphs, drakes. Or makes a better looking shellback scud and and better wing case for hares ears.[/quote]

This.

And it is cheap as sin. I have probably 20lbs of excess straw in misc colors if anyone is in dire need.
[signature]
TBD - yeah, I could use some Swiss. Wanna trade somethin?? I have some cool Turkey tail or maybe some Duck. Woodies, Gads, Rings, Greenheads, ....
[signature]
No need to trade anything, like I said, I've got a grundle. (got about 8 tons of it for $10.00 when a local flyshop went out of biz)

I'm in T-Ville if you want to come pick it up, or I can mail it to you. PM me your address.
[signature]
Mischievous has some killer feathers, I would take him up on the trade[Wink]
[signature]