Fishing Forum

Full Version: Buoy-Master, Riverpark, Smallies and Spots for the freezer!, 4/29/12, Travis and Brother
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<br /> Well...here goes! I'll be loved by some and blasted by others but I really don't care. emoParty <br /> Tatterhead Travis and I planned a trip this morning to do something I haven't done in quite awhile. Float shiners down on River park. Got on the water about 8:30 and ran to some barge tie ups where i learned that one battery for my trolling motor was shot. Completely drained after a night of charging too! I had litle power but we manged to float beside the barges Ok.. I caught a 17 3.4 Smallie right off the bat then a good spot went in the well. Travis in the mean while was trying to figure out how not to hang up on the bottom. (hasn't really fished alot) <br /> Decided to run downtown after that and sit on some bridges. That wasn't a mistake. We both started filling the well with decent Spots and a few small ones. Then it happens....Travis hooks a really nice Smallie and what a fight he had. I was coaching him on when to haul and when not too. Making sure the drag was right and he did everything to a T. We landed his fish and the excitement he had was unreal. His first Smallie ever and its right at 4 pounds. Not bad! YUP...In the well it went! <br /> In the next hour i managed a nice Smallie too. alittle over 4 and in the well it went. While adding some spots here and there we decided to run back to the ramp and meet my wife who had gotten me a replace mt battery. We had some power now. Smile My brother rode with her to help with the battery so he jumped in the boat for the rest of the day. <br /> Went up to the dam with a few spots here and there then ran back down river for a repeat of that morning. Not too bad...managed to get some decent spots to the well and a few more short Smallies with one small Google Eye. (Travis is eating that one) God only knows how many Spots we caught today. I would have lost count anyways. <br /> I had not floated the park in a long time and sorta miss not going down there. When the kids fished, we always had a good time. <br /> Well...here's the photos. FIRE AWAY! <br />