Fishing Forum

Full Version: Redneck Regatta-Utah Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hit Utah Lake for my annual canoe fishing trip (Redneck Regatta). Got together with bft's CREED on Thursday night, but fishing was slow. We took off from Lindon and fished all around the Harbor and the Bubbleup. We managed a white bass and a handful of mudcats. Got off the water around midnight.

Friday morning I was up at 5:30am and on the water by 6 at the Knolls. CREED had to work (loser) so I was fishing solo. I worked the weed patches for hours with nothing to show for it but a big ole carp. So I made a big move where I could fish some more rocky areas. Caught 3 WB (all on small curly tail jigs), 2 nice channels, and another carp (he's in heaven now). The wind picked up around 11, so I started the long ride back to get off the water. When I got to my car, the wind magically stopped, and the lake turned to glass so I fished the weeds again. By now the water had warmed up and the weeds were active. Caught some more white bass (all male and dripping milk), a bluegill, and more mudcats than I care to count, using WB meat. Hooked onto a really nice channel, but he wrapped me up in the anchor rope and broke me off. Finally got off the water around 3pm and drove around to Lindon where I was meeting up with my brother that night.

While I was waiting at the harbor, I caught some more WB, a bunch of bluegill, and another mudcat. My brother got there at 8, and we commenced to slay the fish. We found a nice school of WB and caught them at will on everything from worms to spinners. Caught too many WB to count as well as a perch and green sunfish. After dark we set up for catfish, and it was pretty consistent until 1am despite the terrible wind. Using fresh WB, we caught 7 channels and some more mudcats. Missed more fish than I care to admit. Probably would have doubled our catch numbers. Overall, we had a great time and caught 7 different species of fish. Just wish I would have taken more pictures. Here’s one of my brother and me with some cats though.
[signature]
now thats a great report, sounds like you guys kicked some butt and had alot of fun
[signature]
perfect pic.. Thanks for the report. I really got to get me a boat!!!!
[signature]