Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fishing in Moab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im going to Moab the 18th-22nd. We are camping at the Big Bend campground right on the Colorado River. Just wondering if any of ya'll have fished that area? If so what should i pack for? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
[signature]
Im not so sure how fast the water is up there but if you use heavy weights and put on some cut up fish bait, worms, or chicken liver you might get some kitties or carps thats your bust chance of what u gona get from the river. When I went last year it was hard fishing because ya water was high but i saw a few dead catfish going downstream and in the morning or after noon by the bridge where they were repairing for a long time there were tons of kitties swimming around.
[signature]
Kitty fest! Slip sinker rigs on the bottom, or a slip bobber rig works great. Don't underestimate a bobber on the river, as it can help detect some hits and you can use the current to take food to the fish. Used cutbait, anchovies, shrimp, hotdog and night crawlers, with the hotdogs and crawlers doing much better for me than other baits. Many small ones, fewer large ones, but still fun. Keep a limit of the small ones as they are great eating with less heavy metal accumulation than the big boys.

I personally like to fish one rod with two bobbers with two terminal ends, one under each bobber, to try different baits and see which one is preferred. Only one hook on a slip sinker rig to avoid snags when a fish is on. Try the two bobber rig, it's great.
[signature]