Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jmax, Chick, Bass, 7/17/12, Alone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had a poor one today. Sad Got on the water for a quick afternoon outing. Things were going alright to start with. Caught a few with five keepers in the first couple hours but nothing big. Best one was around 3 lbs. Used frogs and spooks on topped out grass and shakeys and t-rigged worms in 10 to 15 feet along grass edges. The sun had come out and it was heating up. The grass bite died when the sun came out. emoAngry Started fishing grass edges in deeper water. I was catching a couple here and there but it was hard to get them to stay on. <br /><br />My trolling motor has a bolt that holds the bracket shut but the motor had slipped down. I loosened the bracket bolt and was pulling the trolling motor up higher when the bracket flies open, the trolling motor is now totally loose and I am trying to get it into the boat when the bolt on the bracket falls off into the water. emoHoppingmad All I could do was watch it sink with my hands full of trolling motor. That made a quick end to my day. I headed home and called John Swollows who luckily was home and had them on hand. Had to make a drive to his place but I got it put back together. emoRedface <br /><br />I guess I was due a poor day. At least I was not in a tournament. emoRolleyes Jmax