Fishing Forum

Full Version: drumking, Tims Ford, Walleye and bass, 22 July 2012, Bent Rod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rick and I got off to a late start and missed the very early morning bite on the walleyes. Complicated story. But we fished just as hard as we could trying to make for for lost time. The fish just didn't want to play much today. Rick landed 1 nice walleye and let another get off as he was lifting it into the boat. He thought that it was a white bass, so I didn't bother getting the net ready. After he saw that it was a walleye, it was too late and the fish flipped off about 1/2 way into the boat. It may or may not have measured.<br /><br />After a couple of hours of fishing, I finally had a couple of bites. Missed a hookup on the first one, then hooked up what we believe to be a walleye, but it pulled off after a short fight. It felt good. Later on, Rick landed a little smallmouth bass. I finally got the skunk off me with a trashy green fish. But it did weight ~3 lbs. It gave a good account of itself. Took pics and released it to get even bigger.<br /><br />We caught our fish on blade baits and the fish were all deep. I threw a crappie jig into a brush pile for about 2 minutes to see if anything was wanting to play, only had a couple of nibbles, but no hookups, so it was back to casting practice. I'm about to get the hang of this walleye fishing over here. Heck, I may even land one next time that I come over. emoBigSmile <br /><br />Thanks for the guiding service, Rick. It was an adventure waiting to get the boat back on the trailer as we were at the state park. Wolftever creek ramp isn't the only place that has (I don't want to use the word idiots) trying to load and unload boats. Man talking on cellphone while he had the ramp tied up and a line of boats waiting to launch or take out. The ramp is only wide enough for 1 boat at a time. He finally ended his phone conversation and got in his truck and pulled his trailer out of the water and let us in. Some people just don't have a clue. They shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. emoBigSmile emoGeezer