Fishing Forum

Full Version: BRamsey, Skull Island, Bass/Crappie, 7/18-7/19, Me and the Wife
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My wife and I decided to go out for some night time crappie fishin. We put the boat in at skull island about 8pm. With a little while till dark we decided to do a little bass fishin. We caught 5 bass swimming worms through shallow grass. 2 of them were keepers with the biggest one weighing 3 lbs 4 oz. It looked like there was a pretty bad storm headed our way so we put the boat back on the trailer and waited it out for a while. After about 30 minutes it looked like it had missed us so we put the boat back in and idled around and anchored just behind the island. We caught probably 50-60 crappie with only 11 of them being keepers. I took a nap from 1:30-3:30. When I woke up she was still going strong and still catching fish. (We caught all the crappie on minnows). At 5:00 she said she was about ready to go. I said shoot we might as well just stay till daylight and hit that grass again. Which we did. Bass fished from daylight till 8 am with only one small bass. I don't know how you boys make it through them 12 hour tx's. I'm bout shot. And that's all I got to say bout that. GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!