Fishing Forum

Full Version: drumking, chickamauga, white bass and crappie, 23 July 2012, Bassert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pat will post the pics and I will post the report. We got started this morning around 6:40 or so. Ran up to the nuke to white bass fish. The fish were doing their thing again this morning. We got into them right off the bat and when they finally slowed down just a little bit, we went crappie fishing. We caught a bunch of crappie too.<br /><br />At the nuke, we both caught a white bass on the first or 2nd cast on tail spinners. Then I made a long cast with the tail spinner and just started to retrieve the lure when all heck broke loose near our boat. I just dropped the tail spinner rod in the bottom of the boat and picked up a rod with a top water lure on it. I noticed as I was bringing in a white on top that my rod in the bottom of the boat was going crazy, but I just left it and made another cast with the topwater lure. Finally, I picked up the rod and what a nice surprise. I had a small Rockfish on the tail spinner. Pat has a pic of it. I'm guessing 14" or more. We must have landed over 50 whites and that is being conservative. Pat caught the most as usual.<br /><br />Then on the crappie fishing, we both caught a lot of fish. I'm guessing 35 to 40 crappie total. Maybe more. I had the largest at 13.25 inches long. It was nice to see a big fat crappie again. We released all fish today. We probably had 10 keepers in all. Lots of 9" fish. All our crappie were caught on Bobby Garland type lures. At least mine were Bobby Garland. Pat's are mostly knockoff imitation BG lures, but they work just as well. <br /><br />Thanks for taking me fishing today, Pat. You were a good guide today. Didn't front end me too much. Brought me home at the proper time and was a gracious host (most of the time). emoPoke emoBigSmile emoGeezer