Fishing Forum

Full Version: SpurHunter, Riverpark, Great dam Mixed bag, 7-21-12, EricM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<br /> After beating Richard Simms into the river, we got into the whites and skipjacks just below the RR bridge pretty well. Even caught a few stripers but they were very small. <br /> Moved up to the dam and found more of the same, we tried for some bait to no avail, all small and useless for drfting. <br /> Off to a catfish hole south, got anchored and Richard came by, I tossed him some bait, ( he begged for skipjack) and drilled him right in the chest with one...purely an accident I say. He decided the dynamic duo were not worth fishin near and headed to the turbines. We followed in just a few minutes as the rains were coming up river. As we approched we smelled burning rubber, it was a truck on top of the dam on fire, see pic, that was gonna leave a mark I bet. Wink <br /> We picked a turbine and slipped in without incident, surprising I know. And managed a 14 lb blue cat before getting shocked by a 22 lb striped bass on a pice of cut skipjack. Unreal. <br /> Ended the day with over 50 fish caught plus the 2 kickers, not too bad for old guys.