Fishing Forum

Full Version: rsimms, Nickajack (Riverpark), Mixed Bag, 9-16-2012, Spurhunter (a.k.a. "The Garmaster, on video)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been lazy... bookings are slow and I am in a "hunting" frame of mind. But Spur called Saturday night and inspired me to take my brand new truck out on its virgin voyage pulling the boat... and we decided to fish a little as well.<br /><br />I delayed our start time to closer to "generation time" below the Chick. Which means Labman was already there smackin' fish when we arrived. emoDoh <br /><br />I told Spur that I thoroughly enjoyed fishing with someone who enjoyed "trash fishing" as much as me. We caught a little of everything (except a smallie or striper). But before he can give me crap, I will divulge that I made Spur crank the big motor once to chase down what I THOUGHT was a striper... which turned out to be an especially mean, hard-running drum. Except for the prime targets, we caught just about everything else.<br /><br />I was actually wore down and ready to go when Spur talked me into going back after the skippies... and then some gar. I didn't bother breaking out the camera until that point.<br /><br />HERE IS SOME VIDEO of "The Garmaster" in action. <br /><br />And I just had to post a picture of my new truck. I've been a "Ford Man" for most of my life. But this crew-cab, 4x4 Toyota Tacoma with ALL the extras was calling my name.<br />