Fishing Forum

Full Version: South Fork Snake is picking up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been hitting the SF quite a bit lately and since the flows are dropping, the fishing is picking up. I own no drift boat and my pontoon is for stillwater only (my wife says since I fish alone so much), I am a walk and wade fisherman. I love it in Fall, Winter and Spring....about the only times I fish the river.

Midmorning has been bringing on some Mahogany Dun hatches....about #20 and as temps cool more, BWO and midge activity will pick up too. I carry two rods with me, a 8'6" 4wt for dry flies and a 5/6wt Spey for streamers.
[signature]
It's picking up for wading. As far as fishing ....... its still not nearly as its been the rest of the summer. They need to have the water levels constant for a few days in a row for it pick up to regular fall fishing action. We did byington up to lufkin flats area sat afternoon and the fishing didn't really get going in the afternoon till about 6 ish. The river has a lot of moss loose in it right now. Would hook up with a fish and it would gain size and stop fighting as you were bringing it in due to all the moss it would build up.
[signature]