Fishing Forum

Full Version: Oakley (goose creek)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished it Saturday and it was slow really slow like one trout and one walleye. Its getting really low as there is only a foot of water past walleye point the same place we were fishing this spring in 45 to 50 foot of water. The ramp is all out of the water and just below it its only about 3 to 4 foot deep making boat launches there really difficult. we moved down the shore to the point where the campers usually are but be very careful as the shore is very soft in places. we spent a couple hours waking the dried up ends picking up snagged fishing tackle and looking at all the springs that come in on the upper goose creek end for ice fishing in case the water ever gets back up that high this year. Never really seen many fish on the fish finder and didn't seem like to many were having really good luck.
[signature]
Here is a couple pics i didn't take the camera when we went scouting so forgive the last crappy cell phone pic. its of the bay just above walleye point

[Image: DSC09778.jpg]

[Image: DSC09780.jpg]

[Image: cid__downsized_0922121546a.jpg]
[signature]
Wha is the round tower? Are the gates inside of it or the controls?
For some reason I can not think of what it is for but I am sure it is pretty obvious and I am missing something.
[signature]
I pretty sure your right they house the controls for the gates and a vent to make everything work properly
[signature]