Fishing Forum

Full Version: Utah lake whites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone tell me if the white bass have moved into the harbor yet? I had a great time last year at Am. fork/lindon harbors for white bass, fishing was pretty good and they are pretty good eating. You can catch just about anything down there, this year I plan to take down my fly rod and try to catch some on it with wooly buggers. Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

Anthony
[signature]
welcome to the boards Anthonygreer !

[Wink]

sm
[signature]
Welcome aboard, I don't know about the whites because I've never caught one yet! But good luck and post when you do get some!
[signature]
Don't know about American fork harbor cuz the last I looked there was just a stream from the harbor to the lake. I can't see schools would be dumb enough to navigate in 1-3 inch water into the harbor...

Lindon, might be the better bet. There's more water just not boatable.

Provo Harbor... there's only 2 inch of water, a very pathetic stream of Utah lake water going into or out of provo harbor.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! I've caught a few whites off the north jetty of Utah Lake State park this past Monday. Go clear to the end of the jetty and cast around until you find the schools. I had my flyrod with me but they were out too far. 3" olive curly tail grubs and some bait out to do the trick. Next time, I'll probably get my pontoon out and try them on the flyrod. I haven't been to Lindon for a couple months so I can't tell you much there.

Welcome again, and be sure to give us a report if you make it out!

ES
[signature]
[cool]Hey there Anthonygreer, Welcome to the BFT Site. Looks like you found a good place to hang out. We all learn from one another here and I am looking forward to swapping some good fishing information with you. I hope you enjoy this site and share with all of us here.
[signature]
Gee, I wasn't expecting this kind of hospitality from everyone, thanks all you guys.Last year, maybe in november I hit Am. fork and got some really nice whites just fishin' a foot of water, jiggin' around a bush. But I caught all the fish around the bush, so we moved on down to lindon and the action was nonstop! I got 20 or 30 whites, some walleye, a carp, and some perch. There was a lot of people there, and lots of em' had coolers full of fish, so I helped a mexican family out and pitched my fish in their cooler. Next week, I was back, but it slowed way down, only kept 7, the rest were too small. I'd like to hit lindon when its prime if I can, and get me some nice white bass, I tried em' last year and they are just as good as large and smallmouths. I just like Lindon because you fish the docks and I would like to add white bass to my list of fish caught on the fly rod. Thanks once again to all you guys-Your info is appreciated.

Anthony
[signature]
I've been trying to land anything out of utah lake on my fly-rod for the past 1 1/2 years. I usually give up and go to my jigs and bait. I have hooked into a whitey at Lindon casting a chartruese Pistol Pete parallel to the docks. I would have my fly land as close to the docks as possible. Other than that one, I've been skunked with the flyrod.

I have drop-shot flies on my spinning gear and caught a few whites as well. I was using a dark brown crawdad pattern that time.

I guess I need to work on my presentation more. I might be moving it too fast or, I'm not on the bottom enough. Try a sink tip line the next time you go out.

see you on the water!

ES
[signature]
used to catch white and stripper bas with a fly rod using a gold hook and a strip of white pork rind
[signature]
I hit anglers inn today, they have nothin at all anymore, so I got a bunch of streamers. I used a crazy charlie during the summer and it caught cutthroats, so I bought eight or ten of em, and I figure they look just like a jig, so I'll give em' a try. I'll let ya know how I do.

Anthony
[signature]
any fly tying stuff left?
[signature]
Thanks a lot! It does help I was planning on hearing there today after work! Today is the early day, I get to go home an lunchtime!
[signature]