Fishing Forum

Full Version: Island Park Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Dad came up from Florida to visit and I wanted to take him fishing.

We started out with the intention of fishing Henry's yesterday, but the wind was howling as the sun came up and we couldn't get out in the little boat that I borrowed from a neighbor. Don't you hate it when the weather channel says 7-10 mile an hour winds later in the afternoon and when you get there it is already gusting 25MPH?

Any way Island Park was much more sheltered than Henrys so we decided to try it even though we don't know that much about the lake.

We decided to troll flies and it was a good choice. The fishing started off hot and cooled down towards noon. I still find it strange that the only time the Halloween fly really works for me is in October. It must be confidence.

It was quite entertaining watching my Dad try to horse in the fish on a five weight fly rod. He broke off several in the 18-20" range.

Those rainbows were really entertaining and went airborn several times. I definately plan on going back soon.

Here are a few pics...

[inline IMAG1063.jpg]

[inline IMAG1057.jpg]

[inline IMAG1060.jpg][inline IMAG1056.jpg]
[signature]
Great pics and report.

I have to say we did the same thing but couldn't find the fish. We hadn't ever tried out IP res. and got skunked. If anyone wants to give us a tip on the better areas to try er out my PM box is always open Wink
[signature]
I was just cursing the weatherman today for that same reason. Forecast called for 5-8mph winds, and I had whitecaps. Darn them.

Looks like things worked out great for you guys though. Gotta love those shiny little acrobats.
[signature]
Those fish are going to taste alot better than anything you would have caught at Henry's . Curt G.
[signature]
I agree. We put them on the grill. They were wonderful. We don't keep a lot of fish, but those just looked too good to pass up and they were.

Windriver
[signature]