Fishing Forum

Full Version: SFCR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally after a 2 mounths with being able to go fishing, for various reasons, my wife & I got down to SFCR. IT's definitly lower than 2 mths ago, but the cement slab, ramp, at Greys was not out of the water yet. Never knew there was a ramp there till a couple of years ago.

Anyways we motored down to Norton Bay and I dropped 2 Crawfish traps down, tried some old crappie nibbles for bait, didn't catch a one. Gonna need to make sure I have some chicken next time!

Gloria was first to hook up with some "cigars", small walleye, with a jig and worm. I was trying my fly setup that worked earlier this summer to no avail.
I finally switch to a jig and a worm and landed 5 walleye, largest maybe a foot.

It was a beautiful day, bot ran great and I even got Gloria to drive, she loved it!
[signature]
Did you catch any crawdads?
[signature]
Nope they wanted more than the crappie nibbles I offerd them. Next time it will be chicken or fish parts.
[signature]
Sounds like you had a great day im glad you were able to get back out in the boat [cool]
[signature]