Fishing Forum

Full Version: g loomis warranty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey does anyone have any experience with loomis's warranty? I have a rod I need to send in to get a tip section fixed/replaced.
[signature]
Although loomis is an excellent product I have heard nothing but bad experiences lately regarding service and warranty.

Looks like if it is older than a year, it is not even covered any longer.

[url "http://www.gloomis.com/publish/content/gloomis_2010/us/en/fly/support.html"]http://www.gloomis.com/publish/content/gloomis_2010/us/en/fly/support.html[/url]
[signature]
A couple of years ago I had a Loomis rod break and I paid a $50 fee + shipping and received a new rod. It was easy and painless. I don't believe this type of service is supplied any longer.

Last year my dog broke a St. Croix Legend Elite casting rod by getting tangled in the line. I sent an email to St. Croix and told them the circumstances. They sent me a prepaid mailing label with which to return the rod to them. I did so and received a brand new rod a week later. Needless to say, I'm a great fan of U.S. made St. Croix rods. They're great rods and a company that backs up their products.
[signature]
Talk to Brad at Community True Value in Murtaugh 432-5454, he'll guide you in the right direction.

Tight Lines
[signature]
It used to be no questions asked and it would be replaced, but after Shimano bought the business I have heard it is not that way over the last few years. I have heard that they will always say it is not a warranty issue and not stand behind it like they once did. This is all hearsay as I have never had to warranty any of my rods. Would love to hear how it goes.
[signature]
just 3 week ago i had a local tackle shop send in my g3 model i think, they told me the same story you are hearing on this board and said 30-100$ for a replacement possible.
we sent it in and TA-DA new pole no cost covered by warranty..good for me... the way i looked at it was a new pole for 100 and never by from them again or they fix it.

but i will probably spend my money on another brand next time anyway...
[cool][cool]
[signature]