Fishing Forum

Full Version: Magic Reservoir?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I am planning on taking my brother over to Magic tomorrow. Has anyone been there lately to give me an update? It sure would be appreciated.
[signature]
My brother and I did some bonding time over at Magic yesterday. I was disappointed that nobody gave me any updates before we went, but as we drove up at 10:45 in the morning it was obvious why. Nobody is fishing Magic. It was a perfect day. All we wore was a light sweater, the wind never hit white caps and being as low as it is it was easy to get out of the light wind when we wanted. I decided I needed some fish to smoke, so I kept my limit although I landed 12. I like filleting the bigger fish for smoking. The 6 fish combined weighed 14 lbs. The ones I kept ranged from 17 to 20 inches. Two were caught on black with red simi-seals and then I found the ticket when I put on a Denny Rickards Olive and orange seal bugger with a green tail. The best catch of the day was 25 minutes in the making. As I was fighting my last fish I look over and see my other fly rod sinking down in the lake. It was too far away to reach it and to hard to turn my pontoon around to kick to it before it sunk to the bottom of the lake. Usually I don't take a spinning outfit with me, but since my brother was with me and he does not fly fish, I thought we might be confined to the bank especially if the weather got bad. I put on a huge lure and started dragging the bottom. Finally on my "definitely LAST CAST" before going to shore I hooked my fly line and I got a Big Grin on my face. It only would have been a better story if a fish was on the end of the line. Oh well I will never forget it.
[signature]
looks like a great day to me. Especially when you bring all your gear home!
[signature]
A great day! and thanks for the look at the fly.
[signature]
Thanks for the report sounds like you had a great day and im glad you were able to retrieve the pole [cool]
[signature]
Sure glad that "Last Cast" worked out for you!

Great report! Thanks!
[signature]