Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jmax, Chick, Crappie, 1/6/13, alone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the weather not too bad yesterday morning I had to go out and see about catching another hundred plus crappie. Wink It was a slow mid morning/afternoon with me only managing about fifty. emoCool The bite was about the same as it had been but they were just hitting slower and not as often. I had to move around some to manage the ones I boated. I was going to keep a limit over eleven inches but by 2:30 I was ready to call it a day and had twelve in the live well. Never managed a limit over 12 inches but still had a great time. The average size is still running about nine to just over ten inches. Don't know where the big crappie are. It seemed most of the ones I caught were in about 14 to 17 feet related to some kind of rock. I used my normal four lb Mr Crappie high viz with a 1/32 head and a small white jig dipped died in chartreuse. Can't complain about catching that many fish and having such a relaxing afternoon trip. emoGeezer Ended up letting them all go back to grow up some more. emoBigSmile Jmax