Fishing Forum

Full Version: The Rock Round 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will be hitting Rockport in the am with my brother in law. Going to try the same area that produced a few decent perch last week. Should be fun!
Sure, rub it in. Dad - in - law has to work but you guys have the fun...I hope you both get frostbite! LOL just kidding knock em dead. I spoke w/Jordan at 9:30 this morning, 45' fish on the bottom, one 8" perch iced. Keep it going.
[signature]
Got onto the ice about 8am. We headed southwest from the boat ramp about 200 yards. Fished in 42' of water, we were marking fish all over the bottom with the occasional cruiser suspended at 15'. Took about 30 minutes to get the first and ONLY perch on the ice. We tried everything and they just weren't having it. So we decided to focus on the trout that were cruising through and ended up catching our limit lol. It was a little slow but we had a good time. It was nice to get out. Caught them on wax and meal worms and even a few on power bait.
[quote DV8]Got onto the ice about 8am. We headed southwest from the boat ramp about 200 yards. Fished in 42' of water, we were marking fish all over the bottom with the occasional cruiser suspended at 15'. Took about 30 minutes to get the first and ONLY perch on the ice. We tried everything and they just weren't having it. So we decided to focus on the trout that were cruising through and ended up catching our limit lol. It was a little slow but we had a good time. It was nice to get out. Caught them on wax and meal worms and even a few on power bait.[/quote]
Good to see you got into the trout, too bad the perch did not want to give up a few more of their own[Wink]. Thanks for posting your report and pics.
WH2
[signature]