Fishing Forum

Full Version: chesterfield ice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has anyone been to chesterfield in the last week or so? i have been told that the ice is 4 to 5 FEET thick???? thinking of going and need to know if i need an auger extension..
[signature]
If it's that thick, send pictures. I've seen almost 3 feet at Fish Lake a couple of times, but never more than that.
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]They probably measured in "Idaho feet". Divide by at least two or three...more on Sundays.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
now thats funny!
[signature]
You won't need an auger extension . You will need four wheel drive . The last mile into the lake is bad . Last week my brother caught a 28.5" 9 pound Rainbow there . Curt G.
[signature]
Thanks for that Curt. I havnt been up since first ice. I couldnt imagine 4 feet, but I had more than one report of real thick ice. Did your brother catch alot or just the one hog?
[signature]
My guess is that the folks who call Chesterfield home don't want an awful lot of company. One way to discourage visitors it to make it sound harder to fish than most folks are willing to work. If the ice was 4 feet thick, anyone without an extension on their auger couldn't get their line wet.
[signature]
Yet, the name Chesterfield keeps popping up for thousands to read. Specially those 28+"ers waiting in there for "everyone". Don't you love the net[Wink]
[signature]
Alright then with all that said, we all agree that there is at least 4 (Utah) feet of ice at chesterfield and no possible way to fish it without an extension.
[signature]