Fishing Forum

Full Version: TR20bh, The Amazing Chick!, LM Bass with Brent's PB, 1/26/13, MocsTR20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Brent & I hadn't been on the water in over 2 weeks & decided we were goin even after the cold rain & ice Fri. Got out to the lake about 10, temp still 32*. Started along some main river flats, but with the strong flow & muddy 43* water, that probably wasn't gonna be good. Started searching around the mouths of creeks for some clearer water & bait. After a few tries found some & it was on! Brent lost our 1st fish half way to the boat & I threw right behind him & nailed a good 4#. 2 more casts & I stick another good 3.5#, Turned around & threw out deep & caught 2 more nice 3# fish. This was gettin fun! I throw behind the boat & get a real nice 5+. Since we're just fun fishin we're not weighing any, just gettin em back in the water & throwin again! Brent catches a pretty good one & then I get a real pretty 6.9# We then get to a little point & Brent loads up on one. This fish would not move! He gained a bit & then took off 10-12 yds of line against a screwed down drag! It came up & rolled & he about fainted! It was huge! Worked to the boat for me to get my hand in its maw & I told him, "This is the biggest fish that's ever been in a boat of mine!" We were both shakin. Got out the Rapala scale & found where she'd been caught & weighed before! Catch & Release works, folks!!! She went 10.71#, measured 26.5" long with a 19.5" girth. Put her back & she swam away strong! What a rush! Awesome to be a part of seeing one of your son's catch one he's dreamed about for years! After that I caught another about 5.5# & Brent ended the day with a beautiful 6.4#, but they were almost anti-climatic! Ended with 15 or 16, best 5 somewhere around 34-35#, we only weighed our best 3 & they went 24#! Caught on a variety of baits; traps, rigs & spinnerbaits. Best big fish day we've ever had! What a blessing we have to enjoy this awesome sport & this awesome lake! Top of my bucket list is now to catch one like Brent did! emoGeezer