Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jmax, Chick, Bass/ Crappie, 2/10/13, Alone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I decided to go out and try my luck some yesterday since the rain seemed to be holding off. It did not last long. Between waves, high winds and rain it was a challenge just to fish. Started off with a bang boating two nice bass in the first thirty minutes, one was 3/14 and the other was 3/4. I thought I may have figures out this winter Feb. bass bite but I think they were just teasing me. I fished another hour and only had one bite and missed it. I had told the wife I would bring home some supper so I pulled off the bass and went crappie fishing. Where I wanted to fish the wind was terrible, I think I missed more bites then I felt. emoRedface Crappie were holding in about 15 foot but very inactive. I managed a dozen or so before going back to bass fishing. Brought home a good mess for me and the better half of crappie.<br /><br />About that time the rain hit and it never let up after that. From about 1:00 to 4:30 I kept on fishing for bass and managed four more in the rain. It was tough for me to say the least. Don't know how these guys are catching these 20+ limits. I seem to be lucky just to get five keepers. emoScratch The rain kept getting harder and most folks appeared to be leaving. When I got back to the landing at HBSP there was only me and one other idiot...ah...I mean angler's boat in the parking lot.<br /><br />Not a bad day under the conditions, got to stretch my line, came home to have a fresh fish dinner and beat sitting at the house watching the tube. All my crappie were caught on 1/16th oz heads with white crappie tubes and the bass were caught on cranks and shakey. I could not get a bite on the rig.<br /><br />Looking forward to the CBA kicking off it's 2013 season on Feb. 23rd, I hope to see you there. emoToast Jmax