Fishing Forum

Full Version: New Awesome Portable Boat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check out my new Portable boat! I know you won't believe this but I also have a video of the boat going in the back of my dad's company airplane! It's a bit bigger airplane the the Cessna I have flown before, but it's the plane that we took to Priest Lake Idaho and landed on a small strip up there (There was a moose on the runway!)

Lots of storage under the seats so I don't have to stand on the gear, life jackets, tackle box etc. And very stable so you can even stand up and cast from the boat!

http://youtu.be/iw-6dKU3Pkc
[signature]
Where is your license and haul numbers?[Tongue]
[signature]
Great question! Since this boat has a motor it is licensed and numbers are displayed on both sides of the boat. (You can purchase this boat without the motor and are not required to license it.) The video footage only shows footage from the manufacturer who took it out to test on private water supposedly. However, you would need to register the boat if you took it out!

This boat is also Coast guard approved and as you can see from the pict I attached it has a Coast Guard rating placard...

Thanks for the post!
[signature]
Very cool idea. Could it handle a Gas motor? Weight?
[signature]
It's currently available for up to a 7hp and being tested for up to a 15hp gas motor.

The boat weights a little over 100 lbs. for the 4 person boat and just around 190 for the 7 passenger boat. Since the parts are portable, it's really only about a 30lb. max piece that you have to move around as a single piece. Also, with the new trailer that is coming out you can just plop the boat on the trailer boxed up, drive an ATV up on the trailer and put your gear on top of the box/boat and it's like one of those little pop-up camper pull behinds! When you get to your location, you can unload the ATV - hook up to the trailer with your ATV and head for the remote fishing holes that only the float tube guys have been able to enjoy up until now!
[signature]
wow very stabile,i like the setup,dont think i will be getting one too soon,very pricey
[signature]
Here is a picture of the boat and the ATV trailer. You can pull it behind a car with the ATV on it, then unhook the trailer, unload the ATV and hook up the ATV to the trailer with the boat and head up the trail to the lake!
The trailer is so useful you can use it to haul stuff around at your property, and also you can store it away up against the wall by hand so it doesn't take up space! Just like the boat the trailer is expandable!
[signature]
Also you can load the full boat on here and take it down to the lake from your campsite! You can throw your gear in the boat and you don't have to leave your boat down at the lake. I was always worried to leave my portable inflatable boat at the lake each time I went camping, but with this, I can just float it up on the trailer, and pull it back to my campsite at night! More secure that way!
[signature]