Fishing Forum

Full Version: jjoey312, Nickajack, Largemouth-Smallmouth, 03/01/13, Rick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a way to break in a brand new TN fishing license...actually I wasn't even sure if I could go that day but as I was walking out the door something made think of license renewal. A little voice was saying 'TWRA probably won't be out today checking'..but didn't want to worry about it so turned around & renewed online. Okay the bites were slow...slow...slooow, had 6 bites in 6hrs maybe 7hrs but when we got a bite there was some weight behind it. Caught the 4 bass in the pic a rockfish around 15lbs...& some other bruiser that got off....who knows what it was we never got a look @ it. All fish were caught on a spinnerbaits & rigs...boat sitting in 10-14 FOW throwing shallower..of course water still stained up pretty good...wtr temp 47-48. Naturally all the fish were fun but the smallmouth seemed like they knocked slack in the line & you had to do a double crank on the handle to catch up with em'. Don't know how big they were but the largemouth in my left hand had to be b/n 6 1/2 & 7 lbs...based on two largemouth I caught in the CBA weighing 5 something each (didn't think they were that heavy)...next purchase look into to getting a good pair of scales...hate to guess!!