Fishing Forum

Full Version: Riptide Vs Terrova Trolling Motor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

I am getting ready to buy an i_Pilot Link system for my boat. I primarily only fish fresh water, but there may be an occasion where I would like to go into some of the brackish rivers around the Chesapeake. I am leaning towards the Riptide motor for this reason since it is a salt water motor. However, the Riptide does not come with the Universal Sonar 2 built in like the Terrova does. I plan on getting a Humminbird fish finder with side imaging so the Terrova's sonar is pretty much going to be just along for the ride and never get used, unless of course I get a secondary fish finder to go with it. The Riptide also does not come with an included foot pedal like the Terrova, but one can be purchased separately.

Are there any current i-Pilot Link owners out there that have one motor or the other and can give some pointers or suggestions as to why I should get one or the other? Is there any reason that I would need the Universal Sonar 2 that I am not thinking about?Any help is greatly appreciated.