Fishing Forum

Full Version: Muskrat, Chickamauga, crappie, 3/28/13, solo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a difference a day makes. Everything that went wrong yesterday turned around for me today. I fished from 11:30 until 3:45 and caught somewhere around 45-50 crappie / 3 yellow bass and I would say 35 of those crappie were keepers. All good solid fish. I caught two nice ones my first ten minutes and then kept that pace up for quite awhile. I got back to mostly vertical jigging with one rod and a minnow rig in a rod holder. I fished both in 12-18 ft. but most of the fish were on a drop-off with brush piles in 17 feet. I can't remember what the water temperature started at but it went from 52-54 later in the afternoon. Just a beautiful day to be on the lake with hardly any wind until a switch got flipped about 3:45 and a strong wind out of nowhere started. My 3:00 bite was just starting to pick-up again and I was going to stay awhile but the wind was so bad I decided to go in. Most of the fish were caught on different color BG Scent Wigglr's and Baby Shad. I caught 3 on some new Yum Wooly Bee's I bought - Lemon Lime.