Fishing Forum

Full Version: rsimms, Chickamauga, Crappie, 3-30-2013, Barry Cross
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No clients today... the plan was to shoot a story for the Tennessee Wild Side TV show on the HUGE bass everyone is catching this year. Me and Barry Cross were going to shadow a couple of the CBA anglers and shoot video at the weigh-in where TWRA was taking DNA samples again.<br /><br />BUT, Barry came early so we could sample some crappie. Barry picked a good day to come down from his home in Columbia. I got some really good advice from one of my many CFF friends (you know who you are), and we RIPPED 'em. I think it was one of the fastest 2-man limits of crappie I've ever caught. We started about 8 am and by 9:30 we were culling fish.<br /><br />I normally troll six rods, but this morning I could never get the 6th rod out. I've had fast & furious action when I was catching little bitty fish... but I've never had that much action when most of the fish (roughly 60%) were keepers. It was crazy. For those who haven't read my reports before (I do the same thing all the time this time of year)... we were long-line trolling 1/16th oz. tube jigs (6# test line at 0.7 mph). Today we were fishing in 19-20 feet of water. Barry and I got tired of culling a little after 10, I'd guess we'd caught 40 keepers by then... so we went off to try and catch a bass before we started working on our Wild Side story.<br /><br />That was a dismal failure. emoBang I really must stick to what I know... a man has got to know his limitations. emoDoh No matter... it was a great day on the lake which means life is good and gettin' better every day.<br />