Fishing Forum

Full Version: hot fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well i hit enterprise res. and the fishing very good i was just walkng the shoreline and was catching trout and smallmouth bass throwing swimbaits i end up catch and release 34 trout keep 4 trout for dinnerand about ten smallmouth release. then on the way home i stop by gunlock res and caught 35 small crappie all release what a good day of fishing
[signature]
Wow, sounds like a good days worth of fishing[Smile]. Thanks for sharing your report. The crappie must have moved close to shore to spawn, thats a good sign. Were you using a jig under a bobber to catch them? Has Gunlock always had crappie in it?
[signature]
That sounds awesome do you ever hit up baker? I have some family that lives in central I stopped there a few times with no luck Newcastle treated us well tho[Wink]
[signature]
What did you catch at Newcastle, any wipers?
WH2
[signature]
Thing I wonder is where the pictures to prove all these claims! [:p] teasing! I just have a hard time counting above 10 myself.

Sounds like fun any way you spin it, but gotta wonder - how big were the crappie? You're keeping trout, turning back bass, then turning back on flaky white spring crappie.

To each his own. Just know I've learned to love the crappie over trout - unless I'm heading to the smoker! But under 10 inchers just don't seem worth the bother. Fun tugs all the same....

Never been up to any of those - res's - but nice to hear they are fishing well. Spring is in the water!

Thanks for the report.
the crappie were abot 7to8 inchs i did get couple over 9 inch and the small mouth where about 9 to 10 inch i kind fish by myself and i do fish baker res and do good there in early winter and late fall
[signature]
Wow that was a crazy day, congrats I'm glad somebody got fish this weekend. Guess you must have caught my share too. Good job. J
[signature]