Fishing Forum

Full Version: What are these fishing items?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was organizing my fishing supplies that I bought in a yard sale. I'm not sure what these are or how to use them. What can you tell me about them?

http://fishfulness.com/images/image.jpg
[signature]
Look like beads. I use them drop shotting. I ace them next to the hook with a plastic jig on. Perch and walleye are attracted to them.
[signature]
Little ones just look like beads, but the bigger ones, without having an idea how big any of these are ad the glare, plus the bump on the bigger ones, hard to say.
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]Look like beads. I use them drop shotting. I ace them next to the hook with a plastic jig on. Perch and walleye are attracted to them.[/quote]
What is drop shooting?
[signature]
There are a gazillion youtube segments about how to tie and use the dropshot method. But none that I know of use beads.

I use a bead on the line between the stop knot and float when I slip float (search youtube again) and to build walleye spinner rigs (yeah, again).

Hint about slip floating: use a bead large enough that it won't fit through your rod's top guide.
[signature]
The way I present the beads is how I was shown by tube dude and it works.

Great walleye attractant. I usually use two different colors pink and chartreuse.
[signature]
as mentioned, the little ones are beeds.

I use these beeds for crawler harneses and spinner bait harneses and spinner bait lures.
[indent]simply run a line though the holes that is tied to a hook or snap. you can add spinner blaids if you like.

[/indent]
The larger ones are clear plastic bubbles. "Bobber" tied to your line directly or attatched by another line.
[indent]these bobbers are mainly used for fishing the shallows near lilly pads or pan fish beds.
[/indent]
[signature]
I thought so as well on the bigger ones. Like a Thingamabobber. But I can't see any hole for line.
[signature]
Code:
RockyRaab wrote  
[quote]use a bead large enough that it  
won't fit through your  
rod's top  

guide. [/quote]

Great Tip! Wish I knew this earlier,from walmart picked up these slip bobber stops which came with small green beads and they go through the top guide on most my poles![frown]
[signature]
That stuck bead sure messes up your next cast, huh Paul? Talk about a reel snarl whooooeeeeeee!
[signature]