Fishing Forum

Full Version: Weber River Access about to die. Again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy guys -

I just got an email from my mom who lives up in Oakley, UT. She and my pop built their dream home on 2.5 acres that has the Weber running just beyond their backyard. I just want to pass this along and maybe get some input or ideas.

[Image: Cows_zpsbf5c213f.jpg]
Quote:COWS OR PEOPLE?

DO YOU LIKE TO FISH AND PLAY ON THE WEBER RIVER?

The open space at the end of Franson Lane is going up for bid tomorrow, and will be leased to the highest bidder for three years. This means the trails and bridges, built by local scouts, will soon be the playground of cows. The barbed wire fences will be reinforced so that nobody will be able to get to the Weber River to play or to fish; the trail gate will be posted and secured to keep the cows in and the people out.
If you would like to keep this OPEN SPACE, TRAIL, and RIVER ACCESS open for ALL OAKLEY RESIDENTS and not for just one guy and his cows, and if you can contribute a few bucks towards the bid for OAKLEY CITIZENS, let me know.

Also, if you would like more information let me know. Please share or repost.
Thank you.
In short, they have decided to have the bid come from "FRANSON ESTATES HOA" because they are named in one of the documents as a governing body of the OPEN SPACE and they are an established entity.
It would be great if you guys could "Pledge" any amount on this post and we will add it to the bid. (seriously, even a single $1.00 would be excellent) If the bid is successful, I will act as "Tax Man" and collect the money from you. You can also send a check to "FRANSON ESTATES for Open Space". If the bid is unsuccessful, it will be returned. The bids MUST BE IN by 4:30 this afternoon. (nothing like waiting until the last minute, eh?)

Comments from outdoor enthusiasts (YOU GUYS!) on this post would be awesome. Anything you guys post here will be copied and pasted on FEFOS's facebook page. I know you're all as passionate about open space as I am, and I thank you for taking the time to read this and help out.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you!
[signature]