Fishing Forum

Full Version: East Canyon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I decided to head up to east canyon to catch more bass. The guy who been going to provo river with me was about to come on this fun adventure end up going long boarding and stupid teen drivers almost hit him for fun so he got off the list this week. Left the house around 5am and got up there around 6am. I was surprised how terrible the weather was in parleys canyon. It was raining so hard that the road had tons of water so somebody got tons of fun in the HydroPlane incident until I was close to the little dell exit. It was so foggy close to the other side of the mountain. Fun stuff
[inline "fishing trips ect 017.JPG"]
The sign of decent weather by east canyon
[inline "fishing trips ect 020.JPG"]
I tried fly fishing from shore for 2 hrs with this dinker bass till I jumped into my float tube. The water felt like 50'F-60'F. Didn't charge my fish finder batter so I didn't get a chance to see the temperature this trip.
[inline "fishing trips ect 021.JPG"]
[inline "fishing trips ect 038.JPG"]

[inline "fishing trips ect 025.JPG"]
The first and the last rainbow of the day.
This is the first time I've ever caught a fish on this purple woolly bugger. This bass played around like a 5 pounder ha ha ha.
[inline "fishing trips ect 034.JPG"]
After playing with quite a bit of bass I end up looking a nice crappie then it did its magical paper mouth trick. Just a few seconds later smacked him hard and got him to the tube asap. 11" [Wink]
[inline "fishing trips ect 028.JPG"]
[inline "fishing trips ect 030.JPG"]
This day was pretty picky so I tried many spots and instead of running across deer there were huge groups of sheep that just made me laugh how they sounded like ha ha ha.
[inline "fishing trips ect 031.JPG"]
[inline "fishing trips ect 032.JPG"]

This guy was the biggest one of the day Took about 5-8 minutes to get into my tube because he just didn't want to stop running and jumping away from me like a monster fresh water dolphin.

As well I did the classy bft foot measurement. My shoe size is 10" but I guess it was around 14-18" Weighing in 5lbs
[inline "fishing trips ect 039.JPG"]
Lucky I had a real tape measure to get the right measurement and it was 15" and weigh a little over 2 pound on the scale that I got at home.
[inline "fishing trips ect 047.JPG"]
[inline "fishing trips ect 041.JPG"]

End up catching 20+ bass, 1 trout, and one crappie.
Most of the bass were range from 10-12" trout was 12" and crappie was a happy 11"

All of the fish were caught on many colors of woolie buggers. I had a few hit on a big minnow patter as well could of had a nice 18-20" on this it shook its head on the skim of the top of the water that made me scream out loud. I just hope that place warms up so more crappie and bigger bass will be found maybe next week.

[signature]
Looks like a fun trip man! Congrats!!!
[signature]
We're you using floating or sinking line?
[signature]
Sinking line all day long. Hope you prepared you box with tons of wooly buggers because that's all they would night on. No nymphs or any top water as well I didn't see any insects under the rocks still.
[signature]
Ya it was fun but I wished the bass that I had on one of my big black minnow stayed on. Gosh he was a big guy. I might head back up there this week and try again. Maybe even camp I never know ha ha.
[signature]
I got one while box of nothing but buggers. One of my favorite flies. I am thinking DC is calling my name for wed morning. Supposed to be 84 degrees in the valley and 71 up there in charleston.
[signature]
Ya I haven't fished dc since spring break. If dc is terrible with you just hit middle Provo with a black beaded woolly bugger with a silver backflash.
[signature]