Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fly tying, East canyon, Weber river.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The great guy know as Tube Dude told me too come over and he end up giving me some of his old fly tying gear.
This is the amazing donation of fly tying gear he gave me [Smile] and I really appreciated that big time.
[inline "fly tying east canyon weber river 6 09 13 004.JPG"]
On Saturday I went to return my CRAPPY WADERS from Cabelas because I first bought a wader that were sticked with the boots and looky here another pair starts leaking by the boots to the point when I got out of my float tube I had a huge puddle fest inside of me and they wouldn't even let me prove them that it's manufacture defect especially the manager was a dumb. I offer too take some worker with me to a highland glen pond and I would fish for 1-2 hrs and show them its filling by the boot but no they are lazy workers. Took what ever I got bought some fly tying gear and left to buy new waders and boots somewhere else that are more reliable. NEVER TRUST CABELA'S PRODUCT THEY SUCK from fly rod to waders all TERRIBLE[/b][/u].

Went to Fish Tech because I love those guys at the shop. Got some $117 korkers boot and let me say they are amazing. Love the ability to change the felt sole to regular studs in second. Later I bought a pair of neoprene waders from a buddy of mine that I take him fishing. Barely used and snagged a great deal for barely used as well sitting in home for year for only $50.

Here's all of my fly tying gear I have now.
[inline "fly tying east canyon weber river 6 09 13 012.JPG"]
Now here are some of the flies I tied for the trip. Sorry about the camera quality. Didn't want to wake up my dad to ask him for his expensive camera as night.
[inline "fly tying east canyon weber river 6 09 13 015.JPG"]
[inline "fly tying east canyon weber river 6 09 13 016.JPG"]
[inline "fly tying east canyon weber river 6 09 13 017.JPG"]
[inline "fly tying east canyon weber river 6 09 13 019.JPG"]
[inline "fly tying east canyon weber river 6 09 13 020.JPG"]

[inline "fly tying east canyon weber river 6 09 13 021.JPG"]
[inline "fly tying east canyon weber river 6 09 13 022.JPG"]
[inline "fly tying east canyon weber river 6 09 13 023.JPG"]
Fail attempt to make a scud that turned into some random insect creation. [inline "fly tying east canyon weber river 6 09 13 025.JPG"]
Sunday morning woke up early morning to go fishing for bass at East canyon. Here's basically the report of the day fishing SLOW for any body that I was talking to especially boaters. One 15" bass and many hits and miss and on the Weber only caught one 12-13" rainbow. My buddy caught one 10" bass and many hits and misses as well. I think I noticed why I don't fish on main lakes in the summer because I got a better addiction for the Uinta mountains that doesn't try to cook me too death!!! Heading back up their this week and sticking up there basically for the rest of the summer.

First bass of the day on the first woolly bugger that I've made. That right their made up for a slow and boring day.
[inline "First fish on my first fly that I tied.JPG"]
First Rain Jaw on my first woolly bugger that I made as well.
[inline "rain jaws attacking chandler.JPG"]
I'm stock for hiking season [:p]!!!
[signature]
Very very nice of you, TubeDude!!! [inline econ_applause.gif]

FFL, good job on the tying and the fish. It is a lot of fun making up your own flies. Have a great time with it.
[signature]
Yes it is truly fun making then because I can put what ever I want on it.

I will totally have a great time making my first elk hair caddis later on today.[Smile]
[signature]
I got a hair stacker for ya[Smile]
[signature]
Nice work dude! Now your truly an addict!
[signature]
They look good!
[signature]
Thanks FG you know where to drop it off. I was even going to buy one soon because I was tying my first EHC and was scratching my head watching elk hair coming off left and right and forgot to buy one of those sucker.
[signature]
Oh totally man. I think my hair might just magically spike up after tying tons of EHC. ha ha ha ha.

I'm having to much fun over here.
[signature]
So far one of my flies look really appealing for 2 fish to be caught. Didn't get any bites on cabelas black woolly even ha ha ha. They're loving the colorful flash.
[signature]
I always tie crystal flash in my buggers and leeches.
[signature]
My Cabelas waders have lasted two years and have approx 200 trips on them. I even commented to my wife how well they have been holding up. Cabelas also has a wicked warranty on their rods. I'm not sure how you keep getting screwed over, but I'd wager that it is the user and not the equipment. If you want crappy product and absurd or non-existent customer service, then head to Sportsmans on 7200. After they wouldn't give me a refund or credit on their HORRIBLE fluorocarbon line because I didn't have a receipt (it is YOUR brand, you friggin clods!) I vowed never to go back. Seriously, next time you're there, see if you can find anyone to help you in the fishing section. If you're lucky and find someone, enjoy the total bull crap answer they give you. FishTech 4 Life.
[signature]
+1 on sportsmans, I went in there to get flies one day and they didn't even have hemos to pick your flies out, I found someone who worked there and hey said if there aren't any there then sorry[crazy].
How do they expect you to take out #22 midges and such when they are stuck in a big ball of flies.
fish tech is a little more per fly but they are higher quality I have noticed from experience.
[signature]
Any local ly shop is better Han the chain store
[signature]
I can finally agree with you on something ha ha ha.
Fish tech for life!!! Those guys are the best.
[signature]