Fishing Forum

Full Version: Where to fish for cats at Pineview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and pretty new to fishing in general. I'd really like to catch some bullheads up at pineview but I have no I idea where to fish. I don't have a boat so I'm talking about the best places to fish from shore.
[signature]
I have had good luck for cats over on the east side near the swim beach and also have caught a few over in that little cove by the windsurfing beach (dont know if that the official name) between the narrows and the port ramp. Hope this helps. I love to fish Pineview during the week and not so much on the weekend.
[signature]
I've had pretty good success this year on the utah lake side of pineview. But in all seriousness there are so many better fish to catch there why would you want to catch bullhead :/
[signature]
Anderson cove and Spring creek.
[signature]
The mud cat king chimes in
[signature]
I actually have never caught any mud kitties up their but always watching people catching then. On the high waterseason big kitties were being pulled out.
[signature]
I'm familiar with Anderson Cove but could you describe where Spring Creek is? I'm not very familiar with Pineview.
[signature]
If you were driving First St. through town to get to Cemetery Point, Spring Creek inlet would be on your right from the east end of town to the center.

The best way t get there is to take Hwy 166 north past the turn onto First St. There's a free parking lot with lake access on the south side of the road. Fish anywhere along that stretch.

The other place mentioned above is called Rattlesnake cove, and its also a free parking/access point. Take the road (Hwy 162) over the dam and about a half mile east. Just before you get to the Port Ramp, you'll see the access. The steep rocky shore is good for smallies, and the shallow muddy cove is good for perch, bullheads, and the occasional tiger muskie.
[signature]