Fishing Forum

Full Version: what to use at strawberry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Going to strawberry next week and need some tips on what is working good and what to use. if you have any tips or info and could reply it would be very helpful. thanks!!! - hookin-em [Smile]
[signature]
Experiment a lot. I've been five times in the last three weeks and each time something different has been hot... and at different times of the day.

Flies, rainbow rapallas, large spinner fish, Jakes, Needlefish, Wobblers, tube jigs -- sometimes on the surface and sometimes downrigged -- have all been VERY hot at times.

And then the next trip it's completely different.

Are you going to be on a boat or fishing from shore?
[signature]
Both the shore and the boat we are going to be on the boat the most though. Thanks for your response. [cool]
[signature]
I just got home from the ol' Berry. Boat and shore was night and day. I fished probably 3 hours from shore with 3 bites 0 fish. I fished on a boat for about 30 minutes with 8 fish. We were using power bait and worms and they were loving both. I found a place where a fly fisherman would have had the time of their life. It's going to be a good summer.

Find a cove and throw some bait out, if you have no bites in 20 minutes, move to the next cove.
[signature]
Hey thanks for the reply we go there often but this will be the first this year i just need some help on what to take so that i can have everything i need and not have to come 200 miles to and back, we are going to strawberry for a day or two but will be at solider creek the most if you know what is good there and could reply also that would be great thanks again- zach.z (Hookin-em)
[signature]
3" White or Root Beer colored tube jigs on 1/8-1/4 oz. heads tipped with crawler or chub meat, also curly tail grubs in the same colors. Should produce a few fish[sly]
[signature]
I was up there this weekend and people in boats were crushing with rainbow powerbait. We caught some with Chartreuse Garlic scent as well. They caught about 10 fish in 30 minutes going back and forth by Indian Creek. Every one was hooting and hollering but then by about 2 it got really windy so I'd go early as you can.
[signature]
I have always had great success with garlic powerbait floating off the bottom as well as drifting sardines for the bigger cutts. But moving is the key... If the fishing slows down, move.
[signature]
thanks for the responses, we should be going every morning as far as i know, we have always done good on garlic powerbait are there any other good types that have been working good?, by the way has anyone been on the soldier creek side?

if you still have any info on what to use at the strawberry and/or the soldier creek side and could reply it would be very appreciated

thanks again- zach .z (Hookin-em)
[signature]
Zac, we will be up to fish with you on Friday and Saturday. Hopefully it is like our trip last year all over again!
[signature]
LEAVING TOMORROW-

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT TO USE AND/OR WHAT IS GOOD AT STRAWBERRY AND OR SOLDIER CREEK AND COULD PLEASE REPLY BY THE END OF THE DAY IT WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED, WE ARE LEAVING TOMORROW AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO READ REPORTS UP THERE, SO IF YOU COULD RESPOND BY TONIGHT IT WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED.

ALL YOU THAT HAVE RESPONDED SO FAR THANKS AGAIN I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. [Smile]

- ZACH .Z (HOOKIN-EM)
[signature]
alright so we may be able to check reports

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES EVERYONE

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD REsT OF THE WEEK AND WEEKEND - ZACH .Z (HOOKIN_EM)

[fishon]
[signature]