Fishing Forum

Full Version: Green Drakes on Middle Provo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you don't know that the green drakes are hatching on the middle you must be the only one. Plenty of cars up there today but still lots of good spots to fish.
Great time to take someone new to fly fishing and get them on fish. I was there at 11 and left at 1 and landed 6 fish all but one on top. All browns and mostly small but still fun.
Perfect weather to wet wade. Really glad I left the waders at home. Really bummed I left my net with the waders.
I don't know what the pattern is called but its basically a big befus emerger. You can see it at the beginning of this video I shot today.
http://youtu.be/i4rwR4ZLOxY
[signature]
Looks like fun! Nice fish.
[signature]
Cool video.. I'm really diging that rod holder!!!
[signature]
Thanks JLG, if you want one of your own, they have them at Fish Tech or you can get it at rexfly.com.
[signature]
Ill check them out for sure. I do a lot of fishing from my pontoon and im betting that would be a nice gadget to have.
[signature]
Cool vid, is that shot on like a GoPro helmet cam?
[signature]
yep they are still going too, some of the biggest green drakes ive seen, some were an inch and a half long. I didn't have my other fly box that has my bigger dries in it so I used a small caddis and caught a ton in a few hours.
[signature]
You mean these guys
[signature]
ah yeah[fishin]!
[signature]