Fishing Forum

Full Version: Palisades water level & fishing ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Planing on heading to paliSades tomorrow with my son, and was wondering how the water level is, and how the fishing has been. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
The water level was 35 percent yesterday. I have not fished it so can't help you there.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. Sorry don't know what is going on at PaliSades.

Windriver
[signature]
Well not going to make it. Truck was having problems getting things ready, so need some fixing done. Just good thing it did it now and not on the road. Thanks for your help. still thinking of trying next week, so any info during the week would still be much appreciated.
[signature]
You never seem to hear too much about PaliSades in the summer months. Maybe d/t the fish heading deeper than most people fish. I don't know. However I've heard right below the dam is good at night much of the time. Either from shore or from a boat. That would be my preferred time to try it.
[signature]
I fished it on the 11th. Caught lots of chubs an I was going after kokanee! Managed one Koke around 18" and two cutties around 16" and a dozen or so chubs. I was down rigging kokanee gear around 50' along the west shore accross from blowout.

Talked to an old timer that has been doing well on the east shores trolling flies on a regular line with a few sinkers. Black leeches. he had no idea on depth of water or how deep his line was. He did say the first three hours of light were the best times to catch fish. Caught mostly cutthroat and browns.

hope that helps
[signature]
Thanks for the info ironrod. That helps with felling a little better about going. My son just wants to try somewhere different and I have been to that lake a few times, once when I was a kid and my grandfather and dad taking us kids. so I thought he would enjoy it there. He has never been there, and I really think he will like it there even if we have a bad day. I plan on fishing deep for whatever we can get, but looking for trout.
[signature]