Fishing Forum

Full Version: takenoprisoners, Hiwassee, Crappie (kinda), 7-23-13, Kids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My girls (ages 9 and 7) wanted to get back on the water in the boat, but they wanted to do it on the Hiwassee, where there is a rope swing and plenty of space for swimming. So...we went. With two of the neighbor kids. In case you're wondering, an adult male, a high school male, and three elementary kids in a 14-foot modified V is pretty tight. But not undoable.<br /><br />Twas a blast out there. The girls swam a bunch and laughed pretty much the whole time. And CoCo and I...well, we tried fishing a bit. I even got one - right beside where two of the girls were splashing around. <br /><br />When I got it to the boat, it was a nice-looking crappie. But then I realized my youngest was in the boat, right where I needed to swing my rod. I hesitated, the fish popped off, and the rest is history.<br /><br />So yes, I suppose you could say I caught nothing yesterday, but I would be quick to state that I caught lots of laughs. They don't eat as well, but they're nourishing nonetheless.