Fishing Forum

Full Version: Willard on the 24th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hit the water just after 6:00 am with Bearclaw for a morning of relaxing and fishing at the bay. Beautiful morning, bugs were pretty much non exsistant and a slight chop on the water. And the best thing, the power squadron was pretty much non exsistant for the morning.

Went out to some of our old haunts and figured what the flavor of the day was going to be. Once we got that figured out, it was game on. The eyes were cooperative with us as were some wipers and a few cats.

Bearclaw put the smack on this 24.5 inch, 4.7 lb Wally! nice job Chad and what a pleasure it was to net that beast!

Both of us were dreaming of fish tacos so we took home a mess of fish for the fryer. Another great day with great friends and great memories. Thanks Chad for a great day on the water.
[signature]
Way to go gentlemen!!!
[signature]

nice looking mess of fish!!!
[signature]
I love fishing out of your boat Mark. It brings me good luck[Wink]. Lets do it again soon.
[signature]
Nice Fish RILEYFISH. I've been out on Willard several times (I live 20 minutes away). I'm hoping I can figure out how to catch them soon! I'd love a stringer full like you had!
[signature]
It is always nice to read a good report like this. Looks like there's gona be some good eats for a while too!

Where did you launch? And was launching risky business?
[signature]
Launched on the south end. No problems in my boat. You should have no issues Ralph.
[signature]
You catch them bottom bouncing or cranking?
[signature]
Cranking.
[signature]
Drove by willard today. Kind of looks like the north marina is open...
[signature]
My compliments on the walleye! Thats a nice one!
[signature]
Yes it is
[signature]
Nice report and pics Mark, looks like you guys hit a good day at the Bay. I hope this bite continues[Smile] and it is always nice when the power squad are few in number. Didn't you think it was a little shallow at the boat docks?
[signature]
Yes, very much so. Like you said, they could really stand to drag them out a little further. Anyhow, a guy just needs to lift his motor/out drive up and be careful till he is out past the buoys.
[signature]
[quote RILEYFISH]A guy just needs to lift his motor/out drive up and be careful till he is out past the buoys.[/quote]

Sheeesh!!! [:/]
[signature]
We're fine in our boats Ralph, its the much larger ones that need to start being careful. It's got to drop a lot more before it effects you and I.
[signature]
Or you can just nose your boat in, if you have some one climbing on board that can get on your boat easily. Once I'm away from the docks, I start trimming the motor down because it is plenty deep enough when you hit the channel, you just have to watch what you are doing as you go out into the Bay because the edges come up quick if you aren't paying attention. I've said this before but it is worth repeating, whatever you do, do not turn you boat to the left or right before you get out beyond the buoys and to be on the safe side, go 50 yards or so past them before turning. Of course if you are really worried about it, you can launch from the North marina.
[signature]
Was out today Ralph. The south marina is 4.3 feet deep, 5.6 at the mouth by the buoys. another good day all around. We easily limited out and more. Just kept a few for tacos with family and friends tonight. It's on like donkey kong Jack!
[signature]
There's a fish in the way of that picture of Chad [:p]. Looks like a good time, I might have to drop him a line. Summer is going by way too fast.
[signature]
The wife and I went over and had fun with the Kokes at the Gorge this past few days, something we had not done together for along time. We had a blast with them Friday and Sat. Most were males running 19 to 20 inches, starting to turn color and developing the hook jaws. Weather was great both days. We brought a few home to smoke, one last trip to Starvation for the walleye this next week then it's on to the bow hunt. [fishin]
[signature]