Fishing Forum

Full Version: AF boat harbor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any one catching any thing around the docks, crappies or blue Gil's
Have not tried there lately.

Thanks
[signature]
I always catch pretty big bluegills along the south dike. You can't fish it very well if you aren't in a boat or a tube though.
[signature]
Stopped by there yesterday afternoon, found some in the shallows by docks. Crappies were skinny.
[signature]
Dang. Even skinnier than usual (Utah Lake crappie always seem skinny to me)?
[signature]
Yes, they were alot skinnier than usual. I did not keep any to filet, would of been paper thin. Blue gils were decent.
[signature]
Man that is too bad. I guess there is so much competition for young of the year, the poor crappie seem relegated to eating insects and aquatic invertebrates. Also, with this year being such a tough one on the water levels and lack of bug habitat, they are probably as skinny as some of the poor white bass I caught this year. The bluegills I have caught seem to be ok still. I guess there is enough groceries for them to go around. I didn't catch nearly as many 8 inch plus gills this past spring but the ones I did catch (even the 6-7 inch fish) were still very healthy. Thanks for the report.
[signature]